Brackett Foundation wants to stress the importance of annual routine foundation inspections to ensure your Garner home’s safety. Regular inspection of your Garner foundation, can extend the life of your foundation plus save you time and money. Foundation problems can not only result in costly repairs, but also reduce the value of your home.
By the time many building owners realize they have foundation issues, the structural damage that needs to be fixed is extensive.
Some of the early warning signs of foundation problems include:
- Crawl space moisture. Water seepage is frequently the source of foundation problems. Inspect your crawl space for puddles or other evidence of moisture.
- Uneven floors. Floors that sag are often a sign of foundation settlement and other problems.
- Bulging, rotating or leaning walls. A settlement problem that can lead to building collapse.
- Dislocated or broken lines. Foundation movement can cause plumbing, wiring and utility lines to break.
- Walls separating from windows, doors and ceiling. The result of sagging floors and bulging walls. Also look for gaps between cabinets and walls.
- Wall cracks. Both vertical and horizontal wall cracks are one of the most common signs of foundation problems. Check for cracks over doors and windows as well.
- Problems closing doors and windows. Foundation settlement and other issues can make doors and windows difficult to open or close.
- Cracks in floor vinyl or tile. Caused by uneven floors due to foundation settlement.
Sometimes you do not need foundation repair when there are breaks in your foundation. Left unchecked and uncorrected, these breaks in the foundation and stem wall can lead to additional cost and, in many cases, pose a risk to your structure.
A foundation repair expert can conduct an in-depth inspection of your property. Someone that is skilled in fixing foundations will be able to analyze cracks to determine if there are any underlying problems, and look for other indicators of foundation damage. Staying alert to potential foundation issues can be vital, and help prevent future structural trouble.
Brackett Foundation is an expert in conducting in-depth inspections to ensure there are no existing situations that need addressing. We are skilled in fixing foundations, analyzing the location, size and pattern of wall cracks to determine if there are any underlying problems, and looking for other indicators of foundation damage.
Tags: garner nc home